Skip to main content
Topic: Adding Lyrics to Imported MIDI File? (Read 2457 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding Lyrics to Imported MIDI File?

Hi.  I'm brand-spanking-new to NWC and am trying to import a midi file so I can add lyrics and have it print as standard notation.  I can import the midi file just fine.  But even though I enter the lyrics in the editor and hit OK, the lyrics still don't show up on the music.  I know that NWC requires you to "enter" notes before the lyrics will show up.  So the only thing I can think of is that the Import MIDI function doesn't create actual "notes" that NWC can recognize.  Is that right?  Is there a way around this?  I am used to step-composing in another program which, unfortunately, does not have a notation feature.

Thanks.

Ryan

Re: Adding Lyrics to Imported MIDI File?

Reply #1
I'm not quite sure what's missing here.  The first step might be to be on the staff where you want the lyrics, do Cntl/L, change "line count" to the number of verses, then select the numbered tab to enter the lyrics.  If you have done all that and the lyrics still don't appear, select a note where they should appear, do Cntl/E and see if the attribute of Lyric Syllable is Never (should be Default).

Hopefully one of those ideas will get you on your way.

Welcome to the NWC Community!
Since 1998

Reply #2
Thanks Warren!

I think the program I used for exporting of MIDI just doesn't do it very well.  After hours of trying, I decided to start anew in NWC.  Now I have done this.  About the only thing I need to know now is how to get it to print out with larger notes.  I have 20/20 vision, but it would be REALLY hard for me to sight-read this.  The notes are so tiny.  Surely there is a way, but I can't find it in the help anywhere.  I'll put a separate post for this.  I'll also do a serach of the forum.  It's been a big help so far.

Thanks again.

Ken

Reply #3
I have 20/20 vision, but it would be REALLY hard for me to sight-read this.  The notes are so tiny.  Surely there is a way, but I can't find it in the help anywhere.
FAQ - How do I change the size of the printed staff?
http://ntworthy.com/composer/faq/92.htm

18 point is a good size to start.
Registered user since 1996