Skip to main content
Topic: I'm new (Read 5129 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm new

Can someone give me some guide lines for the forums?

Re: I'm new

Reply #1
Welcome aboard, Dr. R.

Ground rules?  I dunno, feel free to ask anything you want about the Noteworthy products, and be prepared to wait perhaps a day or two for an answer.  The person who knows how to solve your problem might not visit the forum for quite some time, or might live in a different time zone, possibly on a different continent - we are a worldwide community of users.

Noteworthy monitors the forum, but it's pretty much user-driven. 

The best rules would be, no flaming or cussing, and say thanks once in a while. 

If you fully describe the challenge you're facing, there's a better chance somebody will be able to help you.  Be patient and polite, because we aren't being paid to help.  We're just doing our best.  Sometimes we will ask you to explain the problem a bit more. 

Generally the forums deal with notation issues and how to use the program, but you can stray off topic, within reason. 

Reply #2
Here's my first question: How can i add alink to one of my NWC v1.75b files onto the forums for public view?

PS: I cant edit my profile

Reply #3
I believe you have to upgrade your "membership" from Member to NWC2 Tester before you can post attachments and images to the forum.  The process is described in the "How to upgrade your membership" topic in the General Discussion forum.  You should be able to get there by  clicking the General Discussion part of the header My Noteworthy Software Community > NoteWorthy Composer > General Discussion
near the top of this page.

Alternatively, if you can upload your file to your own webspace or use Yousendit.com to "send" it to up to 25 users, you can simply type the URL into your message, and readers can download and open it.

Reply #4
I'm Confusified...

Reply #5
Hey Doc.,
Another possibility is to submit your creation to the Scriptorium where it will be made available for others to hear (and see), or there is also ( I believe it is available to you without an upgrade), a way to post music one staff at a time, as clip-text. Other users of NWC can then copy and paste the staves into NWC and review the results. I do not think that lyrics will translate, although I am not sure about that, and I believe that there is a limitation on the number of clip text entries per post. The way clip-text works is: First, highlight the staff you want to transmit, then copy to your clipboard, (Ctrl/C). Then paste to the forum reply, (Ctrl/V) for each staff. For the other option, go to:  http://nwc-scriptorium.org/
It will take a few days to see your work posted there as that work is done as a labor-of-love by Rich the Scriptoman, who does a wonderful job and who we thank for his efforts and service.

Reply #6
It will take a few days to see your work posted there as that work is done as a labor-of-love by Rich the Scriptoman, who does a wonderful job and who we thank for his efforts and service.

Why thank you kind Sir !
As a rule updates happen on Friday evenings (UK time) - but if not, sometime over the weekend.

Please also note that Work In Progress would not be considered for the Scriptorium and neither would work last saved by an unregistered user.

Rich.

Reply #7
Ok, so how do i get my music posted on the scriptorium?

Reply #8
Go there and read the information.

Reply #10
I submitted the file and I am waiting for a reply.

Reply #11
Normally speaking, I would not reply to a submission until I post it on the Scriptorium.

However in your case, I have replied to you - and I thought that you may not be a good english speaker before I connected your email address with your name here - so I apologise at my attempts to translate my answer into Finnish.  You quite obviously do not need that.

Perhaps you will look at my email and (hopefully), agree to what I'm asking.

Bestest

Rich.