Skip to main content
Topic: Noteworthy play back problems... (Read 4473 times) previous topic - next topic

Noteworthy play back problems...

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem.

I'm noticing a problem how Noteworthy is workin with converted and non converted midi....

I just played a midi from vgmusic.com in Noteworthy on importing the midi it has changed how some notes play properly.... which makes it studder through out the song, if someone has had problem in this program before, is there a option in noteworthy to not make the midi studder or shake around like that ?
Also I'm using spc2midi the athuor told me to try Noteworthy composer to resave the midi so that sonar 4-6 can recognize it properly which it did, but still have this problem like I stated out to you all.
sorry about the questions and all.

Re: Noteworthy play back problems...

Reply #1
When you import a MIDI file into NWC, it is being converted into notation. The resulting notation will often sound significantly different than the performance itself. The exact difference depends on the performance, and the parameteres that you specify for use in import into NWC.

Reply #2
Ok I tried when I import my custom midi ino NWC I put the settings on:

Note Resolution: Thirty second note
Rest Resolution: Quarter rest

It slightly plays a little bit better but still has that skipping sound in it, I noticed that when Imported normal midi with the exact same settings it played perfectly fine... Is there something I'm not looking at in NWC ?

Reply #3
I am not sure what you mean by skipping sound. The source MIDI can definitely have a big impact on the results of the import. Your settings are generally a good default.

I would not recommend trying to use NWC as a player for *.mid files, if that is what you are doing.

Reply #4
You really don't understand what I'm getting at I am trying to normalize the custom midi so that it can be (recognized by other sequencers) not be played in only noteworthy.....

Listen to this midi here:
http://www.speedyshare.com/130497598.html

Now listen to this midi before being imported to NWC
http://www.speedyshare.com/491686782.html

Do you understand what I'm trying to do now ?

Reply #5
I am trying to normalize the custom midi
If you mean that you want to change tempo, channels or instrument assignments, you may find MF2T/T2MF useful <link here>

For a variety of reasons, NoteWorthy will never import smrpg boss.mid to your satisfaction.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #6
Rick G, thanks for the help but in the end those 2 dos programs were totally useless to me....
However I fixed my problem permanently
When I imported the midi to NWC and save it again I resent that modified midi to sonar 4 the 2 main problems was that the tempo was slow and I increased it to its right speed, also that ticking noise had to do with the drum instrument, currently I'm looking at the instruments to figure out which drum will cooperate with that ticking drum channel. thanks for your help.

Reply #7
MikeXP

As somebody who is very much an amateur in using Noteworthy, might I suggest that Notewirthy Composer is a program intended to facilitate  the production of printed scores for music, and it is very good at doing this.
 However, it is also able to do many other things which help would-be composers or arrangers; but it does have its limits!.

Tony