Skip to main content
Topic: No page numbers? (Read 4442 times) previous topic - next topic

No page numbers?

I just finished notating a score (soon in the Scripto) so I took a look at the print preview.
All is right, where it not that there is no page number.
Of course I checked that "Page numbering" was selected and "from" was 1.
No way.

Well, I don't actually printed the score, I just looked at the print preview, but anyway the page number should be there.

Anyone got the same problem?

By the way: I'm talking about beta 2.22.

Cheers
Maurizio

Re: No page numbers?

Reply #1
Page numbering is visible from page 2. The logic behind it is: Page 1 is obvious. The number is not necessary: it has (most of the time) a title, the author, copyright notices...
As soon as you reach page 2 the page number appears.
I am not saying that this is the correct behaviour - just stating my findings.

Reply #2
Well, what I am saying is that I see no page number in page 1, in page 2, in page 3, in page...
Are you able to see them?

May it be a problem of printer setup?
I tried modifying the bottom margin with no result.
Anything else to try?

Ciao
Maurizio

Reply #3
G'day Flurmy,
mine works OK...

A question:
Can you see the right hand end barlines on the staves?  It appears that the page number pretty much lines up with them, so if the right margin os outside the printable area of your printer then the page number could be going missing in the same way as the right end barlines...

A quick test here confirms this behaviour...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Maybe you used the SATB template. This template has a number of errors in it: the page number starts with 5 (OK, you corrected that) but the margins are all 0.00 . This would explain the disappearing page numbers.

Reply #5
Maybe you used the SATB template. This template has a number of errors in it: the page number starts with 5 (OK, you corrected that) but the margins are all 0.00 . This would explain the disappearing page numbers.

We will fix the page number issue in the template. In our copy, the margins are set at 0.7 inches, which is usually enough room.

Reply #6
Ehm... please don't laught too loud: I was looking for the page number in the bottom right corner, not in the upper one. Silly me!
I can understand yesterday for I finished working after midnight, but this morning when I tried again I should have to be more careful.

Sorry and thank you.
Maurizio

Reply #7
Is the placement at the top of the page a rule?  It seems to me it's customary, and I can see it getting in the way of the bottom staff and dynamics, etc., if it were at the bottom of the page.