Skip to main content
Topic: Song titles on subsequent pages (Read 3516 times) previous topic - next topic

Song titles on subsequent pages

I've tried the suggestion that once you figure where the page breaks are, you can use the "X" command and set the title to print above the first bar on the page. This works quite well but it's a hassle when you change font sizes or some other parameters. That's when the titles end up wherever. My suggestion would be to add a feature that would automatically write the song title just before the page number. It can't be that difficult to incorporate. It might look something like:                                    Song Name..... 2
at the top of the page. A switch to turn the feature on or off can easily be incorporated.

Re: Song titles on subsequent pages

Reply #1
Yup, I'd like that too - could stop me from having to use my current practice of overprinting my scores to put page information in the top margins...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Good idea.  I'd rather it were centered, that's more common.And it's nice to be able to print the instrument name of both first and following pages, too, so we probably could use both the title and either the composer or lyricist fields to be included as headers on pages 2 and following. 

Reply #3
Why not go "whole hog" and have an fully editable header for 2nd and subsequent pages...  Which allows for page number field positioning...?
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
Why not go "whole hog" and have an fully editable header for 2nd and subsequent pages...  Which allows for page number field positioning...?
Absolutely!  Been wanting that forever!  I've been overprinting using Word for too long...

Reply #5
I'll third that motion.

<Image Link>

John