Skip to main content
Topic: File Tool Bar is unstuck (Read 3407 times) previous topic - next topic

File Tool Bar is unstuck

Today the File tool bar detached itself from the other tool bars.  Previously it always fit at the top of the screen or along the left-hand side, but now it is a block that floats in front of something else on the screen, usually one of the other tool bars.  No matter where I put it, it is in the way.  How can I get it to rejoin the herd?  (Or is it a flock?)

Stephen

Re: File Tool Bar is unstuck

Reply #1
In order to re-dock a toolbar, either:

• double-click its title bar

• simply click and drag it to the desired edge of the main NWC window

Reply #2
Also, in \Program Files\NoteWorthy Composer there is a file named toolbars.dat.  You might want to make a copy of it before experimenting with it.  If need be, you can copy it back when NWC is not running.
Since 1998

Reply #3
This file will only exist if your have customized your toolbars. It defines the contents of your toolbars. The actual location of your toolbars is stored elsewhere (the nwc.ini file, to be exact).

Reply #4
Over time, you will learn all of the keyboard commands, and then you can close all of your toolbars, giving you more viewing area.

Reply #5
After a weekend off, I'm back, and I haven't had time to try the suggestions here, but let me say that click-and-drag simply does not work at all.  The File tool bar moves around, all right, and reconfigures itself as either a single long bar or a block of columns, but it will not dock with the other tools no matter how I try to move it.  If it had been as simple as click-and-drag--which it has always been in the past--I would not have had to post for help here.  I will now see if the other suggestions solve the problem.  I did look in the booklet and the help files, and found nothing of use.

Stephen

Reply #6
Stephan: Did you recently update your Windows operating system, or install another program that may have altered system files? Although I have not encountered any problems in that regard, it is a possibility. Do you have any other programs that feature docking toolbars? Do they work?

Reply #7
If you hold the control key down, this will prevent docking. Otherwise, the toolbar will dock when you get near the edges. If you have trouble with this, for whatever reason, you can always just double-click the title of the toolbar, which will automatically dock it.