Skip to main content
Topic: Feature Request: Headers and Footers (Read 3261 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request: Headers and Footers

is it possible in nwc2 to have song title appear in a small font on all pages subsequent to page 1?

is it possible in nwc2 to make the footers appear on every printed page of a score?

if either of these is possible, would someone please enlighten me?

if not, would the nwc2 developers consider making both of these optional features, perhaps with a little checkbox by the text entry boxes?

thanks!
drolar
AIM me at drolar1 (home) or drolar2 (work)

Re: Feature Request: Headers and Footers

Reply #1
I second the motion of having these as optional features.

I would like to also have a small text box that could be toggled to appear on subsequent pages that would allow the name of the part to be placed on each page.  So at the top of page two, we'd see both the title in small text and the instrument in small text, i.e., Reed 2. 

This would make it so much easier when assembling multipage parts printed for an entire ensemble.

Reply #2
Excellent idea!
AIM me at drolar1 (home) or drolar2 (work)

Reply #3
Already today, one can select staff labels on Top Systems. It will look a bit confusing for the musician, and I suppose it is mainly useful for conductor's scores, although one may want All Systems just as well in that case. I would also second the requested options.

Reply #4
Looks like we're on the same page, Carlsson.  The drawbacks to Top Systems and All Systems are that they take up space on the page, reducing the amount of music that will fit, and they're unusual on printed individual parts.

Reply #5
I would like to see at least song titles on subsequent pages, also.  I do lead sheets for our banjo band and I have been having to awkwardly use Word and print twice to put titles on subsequent sheets so that our librarian can keep track of multiple-page songs.