Skip to main content
Topic: General Feeling for NWC2 (Read 2868 times) previous topic - next topic

General Feeling for NWC2

I have used earlier versions of NWC, (earlier than 1.75) and thought it a wonderful program and am just now getting back into using it again after quite a few years.  I am wondering what you all have for a general feeling about version 2+.  Many of the disscusions on this forum have to do with specific features, but I am wondering about the whole version in general. 

Is it much better than 1.75?  What features really stand out?  Is it really the same as 1.75, only "refaced"? etc.  Just wondering about what your impressions were.

Thanks

Re: General Feeling for NWC2

Reply #1
Well, all in all I think about the 2. Version that its just an enhanced 1.75 version which is many years and many detailed, little and some big features apart from the 1.x branch, so that it comes out as a new programm.

I think I could do mainly everything what I do in 2.x what I've done in 1.75 . Which is good, because so its keeping the good things and improving them.

Reply #2
With possibly a couple of minor things, you can do everything in version 2 that you could do in version 1.  However, the reverse is not true.

A few of the keyboard commands have changed, but not many, and the program remains as easy to use as version 1. 

The improvements from version 1 to 2 are too numerous to mention.  Suffice it to say that you won't regret making the change.

Reply #3
I don't believe that you would regret using it.  I moved to NWC2 exclusively at least a year ago - maybe more now I think about it...

As you have been away from V1.75 for a while, a change over now would make the keystroke differences negligible (they are anyway, actually).

'Tis a much superior product IMHO.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.