Skip to main content
Topic: help with moving files (Read 2273 times) previous topic - next topic

help with moving files

I just received NWC2 by mail today, and after I installed it I tried to load my songs from the free unregistered version in the V.2.0 but I can't.
 I've tried everything but I can't get my old songs in the new version.
 Please help me.

Edit: Whoops, I just realized i put this in the wrong section. I still need help though...

Re: help with moving files

Reply #1
That must be very frustrating.

Maybe you just need to copy the old files to the new folder or something like that. 

Please describe the folder you have the old files in, and give an example of the full file name.  Also which operating system, and whether or not you have the right permissions.

Then describe what you're doing to open the files, exact steps you're taking. 

You might also creating a new file in NWC2 and see if you can save it.  Then see if it was saved to the same place as the old files.

Reply #2
This sounds like Vista, but might not be.

You can also try double clicking on one of your old songs using the windows explorer.
This should then load the old song into the newly registered NWC2.  See what happens then if you make a change and try to save it.
(Don't make many changes before trying)
Rich.

Reply #3
By default, the full version of NWC2 installs over the top of the NWC2 evaluation. Installing the full version would not alter any files that you created, unless they were stored in the Samples folder with the same names as the samples (unlikely). What exact problem are you having? Are you simply not able to find the files?