Skip to main content
Topic: crescendo and decrescendo signs for PostScript printers (Read 5175 times) previous topic - next topic

crescendo and decrescendo signs for PostScript printers

I finally found a solution to make NWC print what I need, namely the '<' and '>' designs. The solution I adopted is to use 'magic strings' which are '[<' and '=]', '[=' and '>]' respectively. Then I print the score to a postscript file, using the print manager (select typically any postscript printer, I use HP LaserJet IIIP (which I don't have) and in Options specify 'redirect into postscript file'). Then I use a script which replaces the magic strings into correct postscript instructions (moveto, lineto, stroke), "et voila". The current limitation is : it does work under Unix. I'm working on make it work under Dos/Windows. (Note that copying the result to the 'prn' file under a Dos session works perfectly well). For more information (and if you're intersted in the script (uses sh, vi and bc) email me. I think I'll put it on one of my pages soon. Well, for non-postscript printers, if someone has documentation on PCL... !

NWCly yours, Dominique 'MAD' Portier (happy reg. user)

Re: crescendo and decrescendo signs for PostScript printers

Reply #1
Dear Eric,

I hope you take note of the extraordinary lengths some of us will go to to keep using Noteworthy Composer!

It is a great product which some of us really like, but these short-comings keep coming back up.

However, given your track record of response to user-input, I'm confident that these things will come. Just, PLEASE MAKE IT SOON! ;-)

Regards,

Andrew

Re: crescendo and decrescendo signs for PostScript printers

Reply #2
I just want to echo Andrew Purdam's comment.

NWC is a great product, and I recommend it to people on the 'net whenever I can. It's worth having to kludge up the missing bells and whistles - up to a point. Without making the product as expensive as Finale or Encore, it should be easy to make it even more powerful. Here's to that!

- seb