Skip to main content
Topic: Persistent Tools Not Working as Expected under Windows 11 (Read 1740 times) previous topic - next topic

Persistent Tools Not Working as Expected under Windows 11

I just upgraded to Windows 11 on a new computer, and find that NWC persistent tools don't work as they used to. Specifically, I used to be able to make "dots" persistent, but not now. Dotted notes don’t even appear on the persistent tools dialog.

Did this functionality move somewhere else? If not, can we put it back in the persistent tools dialog?

This is the absolutely *worst* NWC change I've seen in 20 years. My productivity has slowed down to a crawl, and it's enough to make me seriously consider moving to Muse Score.

Please tell me you're going to restore dots to the persistent tools. If they aren't restored, I will no longer recommend Noteworthy Composer.

Re: Persistent Tools Not Working as Expected under Windows 11

Reply #1
In NWC, select the "Notes" menu item.  From there open the "Persistent Tools..." dialogue.
Within the dialogue you will find "Augmentation Dot" (it's the 3rd one from the top) - make sure this is checked.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Well, you're right. Augmentation Dot worked.

This is one of those places that screams for some online help or tool tips.

Reply #3
Did you reinstall NWc from scratch or just "upgraded" (let's discuss if the term is correct...) to win11?
In case of a simple "upgrade" I think it's odd such a setting had changed.