Skip to main content
Topic: How to enter bass clef chord rest? (Read 2615 times) previous topic - next topic

How to enter bass clef chord rest?

I need to know how to enter the following into a measure:  Time 3/4, working in vocal accompaniment, working in piano bass clef.  I want to enter a sustained dotted half note for the little finger and a 1/16th rest for the remaining fingers of the left hand.  This moves into sixteenth note for the 3rd finger and finishes with a half note chord for third finger and thumb of the left hand.  Sorry, this is the only way I know to describe it.  I just don't know how to get the 1/16th rest above the dotted half.

Re: How to enter bass clef chord rest?

Reply #1
G'day Jack,
Select 16th duration (press <5>), press <Shift+UpArrow> to set stem direction for the rest and then press the <space> bar.  Press <Shift+UpArrow> again the reset stem direction (so it won't apply to the note or you won't be able to place it) and then move the cursor up or down to the note position and set the note duration (<2><.>) and press <Ctrl+Enter> to place the note.

This construct is called a "RestChord"
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: How to enter bass clef chord rest?

Reply #2
G'day Laurie,  Beautiful, worked first time.  One problem I was having was putting the dotted half in first and trying to place the rest as a chord member.  Your instruction just reversed this process and worked perfectly.  Thanks, Jack D.