Skip to main content
Topic: how do I (text) (Read 2636 times) previous topic - next topic

how do I (text)

Two things are unclear.

How do I mark chord fingerings for violin double stops with the text feature.(one number over another) Alot of times the upper number doesn't align with the bottom one.
i.e. 2 (over) 1

Also with perserve width off, the screen shows alignment of fingerings with notes but print preview is different. Particularly if I use spaces between numbers in a string, as opposed to separate operations for each number...
Thanks PB
1(sp)(sp)2(sp)(sp)(sp)2

Re: how do I (text)

Reply #1
Even with "Preserve Width" off, the numbers won't line up on the screen. If they did, it would be impossible to select one or the other to edit/delete it later by selecting the little diamond "handle".

However, when you print (or use Print Preview), such numbers will indeed line up.

At first you'll be doing a lot of preview checking, until you get the hang of what does what. Even then, it's best to thoroughly preview your finished material before committing it to print.

Changing font sizes will also cause changes in your inserted text locations, so settle on an acceptable font size setting early on in your project.

Re: how do I (text)

Reply #2
Forgot to address the space issue. You'll find that you have to put a lot more spaces in than it seems you need. This is presumably because in proportional fonts (e.g. arial, TNR, etc. - almost everything except Courier) the spaces are very narrow compared to the widths of most printable characters.

Again, liberal use of Print Preview will help you get the results you need. And again, it gets easier after you've done it for awhile.