Skip to main content
Topic: Suggested improvement (Read 3463 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggested improvement

I am starting this message thread to try to get response and possibly a few peaople to add this to the wish list.
Ok
How many of you would like NoteWorthy to directly accept MIDI controllers? (not just MPC, all of the different controllers)

Re: Suggested improvement

Reply #1
Yes. There are several I'd like to work with, reverb, chorus, etc. I think the problem lies in the varying interpretations of these controllers by different GM cards. Still, pitch bend is already interpreted variously so why not go the whole hog? :)

A

Reply #2
Yes. It would make things much easier. As it is I do a lot of shuffling between different programs to accomplish this and some other chores.

Reply #3
Agreed. It would be great if NWC could manage Expression (no. 11) controllers. Sometimes access to Volume (7) controllers is not enough.

Reply #4
Same here. Having an XG keyboard it would be nice to be able
to access more of the controllers through NoteWorthy, instead
of always having to export as a midi file and add the effects
using other programs.

Reply #5
Same here. Having an XG keyboard it would be nice to be able
to access more of the controllers through NoteWorthy, instead
of always having to export as a midi file and add the effects
using other programs.

Reply #6
I sign on this onw too.
NWC is powerfull enough now, but getting directly to play with all these cute
little tricks will make its musical output and applicabillity to actual recording of
songs much higher and professional.
Hell, I 'll put it into the 8-track directly instead of running around to find people to
play my stuff or busting my brains with ways of playing these tricks through other
programs or the soundcards control panel.

May I also suggest a way out of the problem A suggested?
Instead of issuing a new version with all the different configurations for all the different
soundcards included, why not make patch files that will provide these functions for specific
cards. That way each one will have a program trimmed to his own needs, and less space occupied
by unwanted data.
It will also allow to share the workload to different teams in your programming centre and hence have a faster result. If one patch (or new version) comes out, then more time will be needed to find ways to intergrate the various setup needs.

Go for it!