Skip to main content
Topic: beaming notes (Read 3499 times) previous topic - next topic

beaming notes

Often in piano score some notes are beamed between the rh staff and the lefth staff. Can I simulate this with NWC?

Re: beaming notes

Reply #1
Short answer: no.

Reply #2
Longer answer: under some conditions, using V1.70. By hiding the rests and adjusting staff spacing, you can approximate this (I say approximate, since you can't actually join the beams; however, you can at least make them pretty close to being on the same line.)

Reply #3
Pity. This particular feature is pretty much a necessity for keyboard polyphony and multi-octave arpeggiation. (Imagine notating the 48 without it - messy, very messy.)

Is there any indication that the folks at Noteworthy are considering adding this in the near future?

Reply #4
I remember a notation/midi generation program called Lime able to that. Pity that I don't currently have it nor I know where to get.
NoteWorthy must add that feature and many more which "others" have at once!

Reply #5
I actually use Lime as my workhorse notation programme. My only real complaints with it are regarding the quality of the fonts, and a certain lack of user-friendliness. (It originated on the Mac platform, and it shows in its lack of compliance with Windows conventions.)

I've been looking around for a replacement that suits my requirements (and pricepoint isn't one of them), but, although I like the look of Noteworthy's output, I can't seriously consider as more than a toy as it stands right now.

Reply #6
Lime..., based on apple..., which is based on Unix...

Does that mean that it functions under Linux? If so can you please direct me to where I can download it, under the provision that it does (decent, or better than NWC) MIDI playback?

Come to think of it, I wonder how come NWC doesn't ship yet in Linux format. I don't know if people have asked for it, but I am sure that it would make alot of users happier. I for once have windoze on my PC only to write music with NWC and use fully my soundcard. But I guess the pitfall here lies in the lack of Linux drivers for the majority of the soundcards out in the market; even those that do have linux drivers, they show (intentionally?) limited capabilities. Life is so much easier with Linux...

Sterghios