Skip to main content
Topic: Drum Roll Symbol & Time Signature (Read 3781 times) previous topic - next topic

Drum Roll Symbol & Time Signature

Can anyone please tell me how do I create a drum roll on the score and also how do I create a 2/4 time signature on the staff. Thanks

Re: Drum Roll Symbol & Time Signature

Reply #1
The time signature is the easy part of your question, just press G or Insert/Time Signature and enter the values in the top and bottom windows that appear in the dialogue box.

I'm not sure how you notate a drum roll, but if it's a half or whole note with 2 or three parallel slanted lines above it, perhaps intersecting the note stem, you would use a visible staff and a hidden one.  On the visible staff, insert text just before the note, use Boxmarks or Boxmark2 from the Scriptorium as the user font.  Both have the double and triple parallel diagonal lines.  Enter them, have them aligned as center on next note.

For playback, use the staff that will be hidden, and just enter a series of 8th, 16th, 32nd or 64th notes, whatever comes closest to what you want to hear.

Mute the note on the visible staff, so when you're playing the song back, you'll hear the notes from the hidden staff instead.