Skip to main content
Topic: Keyboard input problem (Read 2133 times) previous topic - next topic

Keyboard input problem

Hi, I've got a really annoying problem - I can input notes using my keyboard no problem - for a while!  After a period of time it just stops, and I get no response from my keyboard.  I've checked the MIDI cables and the record options and I can't see a problem there.  It works ok again if I restart the computer and reload noteworthy.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

STuart

Re: Keyboard input problem

Reply #1
I've worked out this happens after I play back my song - if I accidentally press "stop" after it's already stopped, then it won't let me input after that.  Is this a bug?  Or is there another explanation.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Re: Keyboard input problem

Reply #2
When you press Stop twice, the second press sends note off events for every possible note on each MIDI channel. Perhaps your MIDI driver or keyboard cannot handle the large volume of note events all sent at the same time.

It is also possible that you have some kind of circular routing of MIDI events. Be careful not to echo MIDI events sent to the MIDI keyboard back to the PC. This would be a setting in the MIDI keyboard. The same applies from within NWC. Be careful not to echo MIDI input back out to the MIDI keyboard (only echo MIDI input to your sound card's synthesizer). Both of these situations can lead to circular MIDI routing, which can cause serious problems.