Skip to main content
Topic: following the notes while playing (Read 2675 times) previous topic - next topic

following the notes while playing

i have written many songs on noteworthy but when i want to play them back it stays on the first bar. it wont follow along with whats playing. it does it on the samples that were already on the program but not with any of my origionals. is there a way to make it follow along?

Re: following the notes while playing

Reply #1
Be sure that you have a staff selected that indeed goes "all the way through." If you select a "short" staff before playing, it will only to the end of that staff.

Reply #2
thank you for the reply fred. could you be a little more specific about what you mean? i dont mean the sound stops, it will play the whole song. you know how when it plays the notes turn red as they are played? well when it gets to the end of the screen it will stop. i want it to move the score along so i can see what is playing. do you understand? im not really sure how to word it correctly.

Reply #3
Without taking a look at your actual work, it is very hard to know what you are doing wrong. One possible explanation: if you do not add any bar lines to your work, play highlights will not be able to follow along past the end of the screen.

Reply #4
that did it!

thank you!