Skip to main content
Topic: Inputting note duration (Read 2539 times) previous topic - next topic

Inputting note duration

Here's my problem, if anyone can help me with it I'd appreciate it!
I am attempting to notate a song that I have on a tape.  I have entered the lyrics and set up all the notes in Noteworty Composer.  My problem is the timing, I do not have a midi keyboard hook up. Is there anyway to input the note duration my "playing" it on my computer keyboard?  The song does play back on my computer, obviously the way I've written it, the timing is wrong, is there anyway I can fix it without manually changing the notes from quarter to half and so on?

Re: Inputting note duration

Reply #1
Not really. In order to do real-time entry into NWC, you really need an external MIDI keyboard. However, if you play around with the editor tools, you might find that it is not all that difficult to find the right rhythm. With a little practice, you might even start to prefer it (at least in comparison to trying to play on a computer keyboard).

Reply #2
There is a freeware program called MIDI Relay (can't remember the web address, just search on the name)that allows you to use your computer keyboard as a MIDI keyboard for real-time input to NoteWorthy.  Give it a try and post your results.

Reply #3
You may also refer to https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=1716!

Otherwise, changing the lenght of a selected note is really easy with "+" and "-" key. "+" will increase the length, "-" will reduce it, as intuitively.

HTH!