Skip to main content
Topic: Forum Files (Read 3755 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum Files

Are the various Forum messages available as a text or zip file? It sure would be nice to read and refer to Forum items off-line (what with the cost of connect time). Think of the bandwith we could save on the web.

Re: Forum Files

Reply #1
Wouldn't save bandwidth unless it was zipped, as the same volume would have to be downloaded anyway.
It would save your connect time (vastly).
But no, the forum messages aren't (yet) available as a bundle.
Perhaps some kind soul (not me!) would like to bundle them and zip them and make it available from the newsgroup or from their webpage.

Andrew

Reply #2
But only downloaded Once. New posts could then be added on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. BIG SAVINGS. It would be a major job for someone with more time and connect facillities than I have. I is just a thought that could be a help to a growing number of Noteworthy users.

Reply #3
We are considering a bundled zip file that includes a collection of the forum messages. This would not, however, help someone who wants to actually interact in the forum. If you want easy offline usage and interaction, consider using the newsgroup instead (most news readers provide for offline/online usage to save on connect time).