Skip to main content
Topic: albinonis piece (Read 2848 times) previous topic - next topic

albinonis piece

hi all,
i've been searching for albinoni's piece "adagio in g minor" for a looong time. is anybody here know how to find this piece's free sheet music (music scores)??? HeLP>>> or if you already have it, could you please send it to me by email? it can be in any format, ps, pdf, html etc...

Re: albinonis piece

Reply #2
Be careful with copyright! One might justifiably assume that a work composed by someone who died in 1750 would be out of copyright. However, the work popularly known as the "Albinoni Adagio in G minor" was really written in the 1940's by Remo Giazotto based on a tiny fragment of melody and a baseline written by Albinoni.

Stylistically it's much more a "modern" work than anything which would have been written in Albinoni's time.

Dragging the discussion back into the realm of NoteWorthy, you might want to try the Classical Archives at http://www.prs.net/midi.html (or any other MIDI archive) to find a MIDI version of the work. There are 3 versions on the above site. Import it into NoteWorthy and print whatever parts you like.

Re: albinonis piece

Reply #3
John Gillings is absolutely correct.

Albinoni "Adagio in G Minor" is a copyright work composed
by Remo Giazotto and the publisher is Ricordi in Milan.  The Albinoni "Adagio in G Minor" does not exist.  Many peope make the mistake of assuming that Giazotto
arranged an Albinoni piece, but two European courts have confirmed that Giazotto was the original composer and music societies worldwide recognize this, although infringed versions keep appearing by the hundreds.

I would advise that you buy any of the publications which
state quite clearly that Ricordi is the publisher... but
perhaps you have already been allowed to download an
infringed version free of charge.