Skip to main content
Topic: PLEASE HELP! (Read 3249 times) previous topic - next topic

PLEASE HELP!

hey, if I wanted to use the realistic sounds off my keyboard when recording MIDI, do I require any extra hardware, or is there a way of setting this up? Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Reply #1
If your hardware (keyboard/soundcard) can handle soundfonts/samples, you can experience them without the need of additional hw.

If the contrary, you'll need to purchase some hardware able to that.

Hth

Reply #2
I have a Sound Blaster 16 sound card, and a Yamaha PSR-270 Midi Keyboard

Reply #3
I assume you mean that your want your MIDI, when played back, to sound like your keyboard. Why not simply feed the MIDI into your keyboard? It would be the same hardware you use for input.

Reply #4
Thats exactly right! Thats what I want to happen, but I havnt got the first idea on how to actually get that to work.. please I need hellllp!

Reply #5
Assuming you have both MIDI cables plugged into your keyboard, click the "tools/options" and select MIDI. You should see something that says "midi out" in the list. Select that one and it will send the midi stream to your external synth.

Reply #6
Good advice, Gary. I knew that the MIDI could be fed back to the keyboard, but couldn't advise how to set it up, because someone else set it up for me! Doh.