Skip to main content
Topic: NWC forum oddity? (Read 4440 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC forum oddity?

I replied to the long measure rest subject and it is listed as reply 13 under the "Recent forum activity" heading, but neither my message, nor the reply by Franman (no. 14) show up when this subject is clicked on - the latest replies to the other subjects seem to show ok, and I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I inadvertantly said something unacceptable! - was my message deleted intentionally?

- Ann (rather puzzled!)

Re: NWC forum oddity?

Reply #1
I don't speak for NWC, but I've noticed in the past that on those rare occasions when someone posts something inappropriate, there is a "removed by SYSOP" notice where the message should be. If that's not what's going on, then it is some other oddity. Once in a while, file servers take some time to smell the roses, rather than serve files.

Reply #2
Odd... works here, try hitting your refresh (or reload, or whatever it's called) button. I'm pretty sure that these pages use the nocache tag, but perhaps your browser is ignoring this and loading an old version from your cache.

Reply #3
<...>
perhaps your browser is ignoring this and loading an old version from your cache
</...>

That's probably the case. Try deleting the cache files and then refresh the page.

Hth.

Reply #4
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone - I deleted my cache (which must have been extensive, everything clicked away for so long so it was a good spring clean!) but no luck - To be sure, I closed IE and loaded it up again, and still the long measure thread stops at reply 12. As before, no problem with any of the others. I'm not bothered about my #13 reply not showing, but I naturally wanted to see Franman's posting if it referred in any way to mine and thus needs a further response!

frustrated,
Ann!

Reply #5
The only time this has happened to me, was when I was viewing an old version. As soon as I hit Reload in Netscape or Refresh in IE everthing was fine. So, I have some questions about this. First, does the page just end of does it end regularly with the NW logo at the bottom. Second, can you get to the other replies from the recent activity page or does it just get you the same page. Otherwise, I don't know... do you have another browser handy? If so, try it. Anyway, about my post, I was just saying that I had e-mailed the author of NoteRow asking him to send me the font. If he doesn't reply, I'll take the font from you if you are still willing. And a question about the font: Can you make the bar larger and smaller?

Reply #6
It's actually still a mystery! - All the other threads are up to date, and just this one stops on message 12. It ends with the button saying [Add your own reply] and a line below which is the spinning NW logo + copyright claim. I can click on any of the heading selection links. Oh well - never mind - it seems to be an isolated irritation! If you need the font, write to me at my personal email address. It's a really useful font - great for putting rests inside beamed notes and notating tremolos, wiggly trills, arpeggiated chords,etc etc. The multi-bar rest can be lengthened and shortened as you wish. I can't think why it doesn't seem to be found at this site anymore - must be looking in the wrong place!

Best wishes,

Ann :)

Reply #7
Ann, the font is mentioned in the scriptorium, but available. The only way to get it is through the newsgroup. If the author does not respond to me in a few days, I will write you for the font.

Reply #9
Thanks for the help - I will remember the F5 if it happens again - I've just checked the wayward thread, and it is now all there without the F5 solution, so don't know where the last couple of messages were hiding for the past few days! As I said - it's the only time that it has happened to me, so not a big deal. I also said something misleading in my previous post here in reply to Franman - The noterow font can do lots of things but NWC15 is the one to use for the beaming over rests thing. Sorry about that - I use both fonts often and got mixed up there.

Best wishes,
Ann