Skip to main content
Topic: Sheet Music? (Read 4330 times) previous topic - next topic

Sheet Music?

Hello

This rather indirectly relates to NWC, but I think it's the only way to contact this great number of musicians. Does anyone know where one could download/view piano sheet music for free?

(:

-awally

Re: Sheet Music?

Reply #2
and when you've finished with Fred's comprehensive site you can surf around for MIDI files on the internet, and when you find one that sounds sequenced (strict tempo) you can usually import it into noteworthy with remarkable results

Reply #3
I have tried Fred's site in particular Choral Public Domain Library. I have no problem downloading PDF or NWC to disk but for MIDI my Pc just play them but does not download to disk.
What is the problem ? Bad setting of my Netscape 4.6 ?

Reply #4
Your browser has midi files associated either with an external midi player, or Netscape's internal player. To save to disk, right-click on the link, then Save Link As...

Reply #5
Thanks ! Now I have some midi files on my disk.
next question : how to translate them to NWC or play them? I think that it has to do to import but this is not documented in Help file index and my user manual is very out of date (see an other thread !

Reply #6
There used to be an Import option on the File menu, but it's been removed. Now you just Open the file and NWC notices that the extension is .mid and behaves appropriately.

Reply #7
You can use File | Open to import the files, or simply drag and drop them onto NWC.

Reply #8
There´s a nice place to find some free sheet music in *.pdf:
www.sheetmusicarchive.com, served me well, but it isn´t very complete, so that you may be a little disappointed.
HTH
Artur