Skip to main content
Topic: Using the noteworthy software (Read 2709 times) previous topic - next topic

Using the noteworthy software

March 28, 2000

Why can't I play something on my keyboard and have it notated on the computer so that it can be printed. I can do it using the computer keyboard only. Why? Please help ASAP.

Thank you,

Bill Cameron

Re: Using the noteworthy software

Reply #1
First of all do you have a midi port in your sound card? if you do then thats good. right now second question, is it a midi keyboard? if yes this is also good. connect the keyboard to the computer and then install the keyboard as a midi input. the easiest way to do this is by opening noteworthy composer and to click on the keyboard button on the taskbar. Then follow the instructions when it says do you want to install a midi recording device and then when you want to record your peice use the keyboard to play it in after clicking the keyboard button, Hope it works!!

Reply #2
Thank you, for your help. I finally am able to play from my keyboard and have it printed. The only problem is that is doesn't print the rythms. Why? Is there something that I can do to make it prints the rythms as played? When the tune is played back, it is played back as it was recorded.

Thank you, for your help in this matter.

Sincerely,

Bill Cameron

Reply #3
It is not totally clear what you mean by "doesn't print the rythms" in your message. Perhaps you are using "step time" note entry, rather than real time note entry. You should be using the Tools | Record command to record your performance, after loading up a rhythm or metronome source for use during your recording. For more details, refer to page 27 of the latest NWC User's Guide.

Reply #4
I think you need to adjust the 'quantization'
Set it to quarters or eights or make a metronome track and record to it.

PS: was anyone else born in a log cabin?