Skip to main content
Topic: Getting more soundfonts/playback devices-how to? (Read 2349 times) previous topic - next topic

Getting more soundfonts/playback devices-how to?

Thanx to Fred Nachbaur for that great reply about getting the guitar to sound like one. But his response to me was really in re of a question someone else posed so my original question still goes.

How do you expand the range of sound available to use as instruments if you dont have an external input such as a keyboard?

Is it possible to download new soundfonts?

Please tell me how to do it keeping in mind I am not the most profficient with computerese.

Thanx a bundle
Joe

Re: Getting more soundfonts/playback devices-how to?

Reply #1
By the way fred I just checked. That was ANOTHER joe who asked the question about guitar/organ sounds. I just used the guit as an example.
Joe

Re: Getting more soundfonts/playback devices-how to?

Reply #2
I use notewworthy composer and I have an awe64 live soundcard......I do all my writing with noteworthy without the use of any instruments. You can load soundfonts into the soundcard and have noteworthy play the sequences. But your card has to have the memory available to load the soundfonts........my old awe card only had 512k of memory so I couldn't load the sounds into it. The awe live will load them and play them with noteworthy. I hope I was able to help you.
Sly