Skip to main content
Topic: Notate a drum track?! (Read 2330 times) previous topic - next topic

Notate a drum track?!

HELP!

I have written some music for our funk band and need to notate the grooves in the standard drum notation from a midi file.

I know that Noteworthy cannot do it but can you recommend an alternative. I checked out a site that had a workaround for NWC but it is miserable as far as I am concerned.

If anyone can recommend a fix please let me know. Is there a specific drum notation program anywhere? Free or shareware? I don't want to spend any money at the moment until I get serious with writing music because I'm mostly a player and have only tried writing some original stuff for the band.

Anyway I need to notate a drum track fast! Please help. I want to be able to do it myself next time so please no offers to do it. Thank you, I anticipate a solution by tomorrow!

yours,
Onion face (leader of the onionheads)

Re: Notate a drum track?!

Reply #1
HELP, I NEED HELP! PLEASE!

Re: Notate a drum track?!

Reply #2
Check out the NWC Scriptorium and get Barry Graham's Drum program (in Other Helpful Files from NWC users). There's a BASIC (DOS) version (which I use often) and also a VB rework which I find somewhat more difficult to use. This allows you to convert from midi to notation, or vice-versa. Once you get the hang of it you can create a notation track in about two minutes. Then mute it and hide the original midi track and you have a file that's both printable and playable.