Skip to main content
Topic: I need some help with .wav to cd conversion.... (Read 2239 times) previous topic - next topic

I need some help with .wav to cd conversion....

How can a put a .wav file onto a cd so that when I put the cd into my stereo, the cd will play?

Every time I try to do this the stereo always tells me that no disc is inserted, so I imagine that it can't read the file on the cd. Is there any software that can do this? Can Windows do it?

Please help.
thanks

Re: I need some help with .wav to cd conversion....

Reply #1
Your CD burner should have come with software such as Adaptec's Easy-CD Writer, which allows you to write wav file data as audio. There are two audio formats, ISO something-or-other, and Joliet. I've used Joliet, appears to work fine. Note also: you have to write all the tracks in one session; if you write them in multiple sessions, the audio CD will play fine on a computer CD ROM, but not on the ordinary run of home, car or portable CD players (they'll only recognise the tracks written in the first session). Finally, use CD-R CD's only; though the idea of erasable CD-RW discs may be appealing, they won't play on any except the newest home CD players.