Skip to main content
Topic: Bug Report - MIDI Folder Ignored in Windows 11 (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug Report - MIDI Folder Ignored in Windows 11

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 on a new machine, and re-installed Noteworthy Composer (NWC), version 2.75a.2 (image below).

NWC now ignores the MIDI file folder I set in the Options dialog (image below): When I try to export an NWC file to MIDI format, NWC brings up the NWC file folder, instead of the specified MIDI file folder. Note: The NWC file folder and MIDI file folder are siblings in my folder tree (File Explorer image below).

Is this a true bug, or am I doing something wrong?

<Image Link>

<Image Link>

<Image Link>

Re: Bug Report - MIDI Folder Ignored in Windows 11

Reply #1
See the following screen capture. There is a setting you must check so that Export starts in the MIDI folder

Reply #2
It worked—Thanks so much!

I've been using NWC for almost 30 years, and don’t recall ever setting that option before. Or even being aware of the option, for that matter.

Did option setting behavior change recently? I’m wondering what else may have changed that I’m unaware of.

Reply #3
V2.75 was released in September of 2015.
V2.75a was released in August of 2017 and the V2.75a.2 update in September of 2017- This is the current release version and nothing has changed since then.
See https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=9197.0

Nothing has changed in the UI since at least 2015
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.