Skip to main content
Topic: new software for WP (Read 3868 times) previous topic - next topic

new software for WP

I have installed Corel WP8 on my system (removing Windows 95) and now I can not access some of my music files. It says I have a newer 1.5 version and can't be accessed the way it is. Any Ideas from anyone on who to access those files and get my new system arrangement to accept them all? I have tried reloading, but it doesn't help. I need advice and have notified support but have received no answer yet.

Re: new software for WP

Reply #1
Your message is a little confusing:

1. What do you mean by "removingWindows 95"?
2. By music files, do you mean NWC files?
3. NWC files are opened with NoteWorthy Composer, not Corel WordPerfect. What are you trying to do?

Reply #2
We also gave youa reply from our support account, as follows:

> I have recently installed corel word perfect suite 8 on
> my computer (it used to be windows 95) and now I can
> not access some of my music files. I have version 3.1
> noteworthy. Does 95 have anything to do with this?
> And how can I access my files that tell me I have a new
> version, when I know I have only one and it is 3.1.
> HelP! Time is critical as I have stuff due on Monday and
> it is Thursday already. Have been fussing with this now
> for over a week, and can't figure anything out.
>

NoteWorthy Composer Version 1.52a is the latest version available at this time.

http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/upgrade.htm

We do not have a version 3.1.

I am not sure why installing corel word perfect suite 8 would cause you not to be able to access music files. You may want to contact corel.

If you have only ever had one version of NoteWorthy Composer something is telling you that you have a newer version.

If you can be more specific with your problem, I may be better able to help you.

You say you cannot access music files-

- Are these *.nwc files?
- Can you not find them or can you not open them?
- Can you open the NoteWorthy Composer sample song files like jingle.nwc?
- What version of NoteWorthy Composer do you have? see Help: About.

Your registration name and code will register all version 1.* releases that you download. You may have downloaded a newer version than the one you were shipped.

Reply #3
I would agree with Noteworthy support that your messages are very VERY confusing and seem to have bits and pieces of completely unrelated systems.

But just a thought - you are not trying to run the 32 bit Noteworthy composer under Windows 3.1 are you ?

There are many people who use this forum and the newsgroup who would be only too willing to help you, as well as Noteworthy support. But you will HAVE to give better information about what you are doing / have done and what the result is.

Richard

Reply #4
I'm sorry to be so stupid, but I don't quite understand all the ins and outs of word processing. I just do what I know how to do. When I installed my 32 bit noteworthy, I seem to recall there was something connected to Windows 95 which I thought meant then that I had a 95 version of Noteworthy (upgraded?). Since I do not understand exactly how it works, I can only tell you that originally I installed noteworthy 1.3 (is it?) and used the system accordingly. I was working on a microsoft windows 95 system (I think that's how one would say it.) Then when I had a different software program put on (Corel 8) my windows 95 sent everything into a dither, and we had to reload Windows 95. then noteworthy started sending me messages that I had 1.5 files - "a newer version of this application", and it won't allow me to access it. I guess what I need to know is if I get the updated version of Noteworthy, will that take care of my problem?

Reply #5
> if I get the updated version of Noteworthy, will that take care
> of my problem?

Yes, it sure sounds like it will. If you had been using version 1.5 in the past, and then you went back to version 1.3, you will not be able to load your version 1.5 files into version 1.3. In fact, anyone still using version 1.3 would do well to upgrade to our latest release.

Reply #6
One more thing: After you download the latest release, it might be a good idea to copy it onto your NWC setup diskette (replacing the 1.3 setup files). By doing so, this problem will not occur again.

Reply #7
Dejensen, You could also try going to the Adobe suite of office applications, and upgrading your computer to Windows NT 4 with 128M RAM