Skip to main content
Topic: Convert wav into cd-audio (Read 2420 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert wav into cd-audio

I have a problem. I bought a Phono preamp from Terratec to digitally record my old vinyl records onto my computer, and then move them onto a cd, so that I could play my old records from a cd on my stereo. Pretty neat, but my SB-Live soundcard can only record in wav-foramt, and my regular cd-player don't know that format. How do I convert it?? Looking forward to hearing from You

Re: Convert wav into cd-audio

Reply #1
Your CD burning software should be able to burn an "Audio CD" from your WAV files. Check your CD burning software documentation for more details.

Reply #2
Yes, your cd software should make this distinction as you are preparing to read to the hard drive for later recording to cd. You shoul at some point be prompted to leave the session open or close the session. If you close the session, you will be able to play it from any cd played. If not, your cd drive will sit there and spin with a confused look on its face.

Reply #3
What's more, if you make an audio CD do it all in one session. Otherwise your home or car CD player may only "see" the tracks created in the first session. (Your computer's CD ROM drive will however see the tracks created in subsequent sessions.)

Reply #4
Thanks for all your help. You were all right...never thought it would be that simple! Thanks again.

Gratefully
Soren Lyster