Skip to main content
Topic: Auto save (Read 4163 times) previous topic - next topic

Auto save

Yikes! It happened again! I forgot to save during the heat of creative expression, the computer froze and, well, 1/2 hour of inspiration lost. I can't find an auto save setting, so assume there is none at present. Please implement one real soon and save a masterpiece.

Humbly,
Robert Shiffman

Re: Auto save

Reply #1
Look closer at the Tools, Options, File tab. Specifically, the Auto save/recovery option and companion Frequency option. Added in version 1.50.

Reply #2
This raises an interesting question.
Are people still running older ("legacy") versions of NWC?
If so, where are they obtaining them from? Must be a bummer being asked to support stuff you fixed 6 months ago.
Eric, maybe you should put expiry dates on NWC (thus guaranteeing upgrades!)

A

Reply #3
Sonofagun! You're right. Darned if I could find it in Help, but after compiling "Search," why, there it was. Thanks!

Contritely,
Robert Shiffman

Reply #4
Andrew,

I don't agree with your proposal. I can imagine the following
situation, where my NWC version expires, I urgently need to
write and print a piece of music, and I have no Internet
access for the next three months... In that situation, I
would be furious to have an expiry date !

Olivier.

Reply #5
Okay, you are both right :
So the solution could be :if you start NWC and it finds itself to be reather old, it just displays a message telling you that an upgrade (should) exist(s) at that time, and that _many_ new *exciting* features are included in it ;-)

Another proposal ?

P.S. And in Option/Tools, the ability not to display such messagebox !
PPS: And why not in the (opening) Tips ? (oh, btw, you know that you can customize them, don't you ?)

HTH
                          MAD

Reply #6
I think Marsu's is the best suggestion so far. But let it log on for you and download it as well (after asking permission, of course!)

I indeed would be as furious as Olivier if my paid for software were to expire and no upgrade within reach (though furious at myself since it was my suggestion!) ;)

Whimsically,
A

Reply #7
Flattered as I am to see that my question has sparked a dialog about legacy versions of nwc, I have to say that my present version is 1.52. I would prefer NOT to have my software chastize me for not retiring it. There's too much software with attitude already. But do please consider expanding the index in the help file. After making the suggested change the program is saving its little heart out.

I remain
Happily
Robert Shiffman