Skip to main content
Topic: Slur from Grace note to Chord (Read 3138 times) previous topic - next topic

Slur from Grace note to Chord

If a grace note is slured to a chord it may not be connected to the "most reasonable" note.

Code: [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.0,Single)
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace,Slur|Pos:4
|Chord|Dur:4th,Accent|Pos:-2,5|Opts:Stem=Down
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
In this case the slur goes from to a note rather far removed from the grace note, rather than the nearby one.  In fact, if you enter the grace note, then the upper note of the chord, then the lower, you will see the slur jump from the upper to the lower.

In a case like this it is obvious, but if there were a cluster of notes in the range of the grace note I'm not sure what would be "correct".  Perhaps the slur could adhere to the first note entered in the chord.

There is a hack using layers, non-visible and muted notes.  Making the shur upward oriented keeps has it go to the upper note, but looks rather odd to me.

Code: [Select · Download]
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace,Slur|Pos:4|Opts:Stem=Up,Slur=Upward
Any ideas -- mine are still to illformed to put in the wish-list.

Cyril

Re: Slur from Grace note to Chord

Reply #1
I think I've wish-listed an option to set the vertical position of the start and end point of slur and tie arcs.  This grace note/chord thingie is another reason for that option to be developed.

Re: Slur from Grace note to Chord

Reply #2
Due to this change in the way muted grace notes are handled, here is a viable workaround:
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace,Slur|Pos:4
|Note|Dur:Whole,Grace|Pos:5z|Opts:NoLegerLines,Muted|Visibility:Never
Registered user since 1996