Skip to main content
Topic: Playback woes (Read 4242 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback woes

I’ve made an arrangement that follows this pattern: ABBCDDABC.  In other words, the B and D sections repeat.  In the second ending of D, I have a “DC al Fine,” and at the end of C, I have “Fine” and a double bar.  The intention is for A, B, and C to play once each on the DC, but when it plays back it jumps from B to D.  The way I’ve written it, my quintet had no trouble reading and performing it correctly.  So, it works for actual musicians, but not on playback.  I’ve experimented with various combinations of special endings, section closes, and repeats, but nothing works.  Any suggestions?
On a separate issue, the first three measures of the top staff don’t play on the DC.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks very much!

Re: Playback woes

Reply #1
Hi Steve,
sounds like you're using special endings on the B section.  If they are identical you don't need 'em.  If they are different then the second ending also needs to be a "D"efault ending.

If you're not using special endings on the B section then this:

aaaa||:bbbb:||ccccF||:ddd1d:||2dDC

should work.

OR
IF section B does need special endings then this:

Hope that's clear...

Lawrie
aaaa||:bbb1b:||2Db||ccccF||:ddd1d:||2dDC

should work.

For these examples:
||: = Master Repeat Open
:|| = Master Repeat Close
|| = Double bar
1 = 1st Special Ending
2 = 2nd Special Ending
D = Default Special Ending
F = Fine
DC=DC al Fine

Hope thats clear,
Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Lawrie,
I did need special endings in the B section, so I followed your second example, and ... it works!  I actually wasn't familiar with the default ending function.  I made this arrangement about 5 years ago, and it's great to finally hear it play back correctly!  You are a genius.  Thank you!!!!!!!!

Reply #3
G'day Steve,
glad to help mate, that one used to catch me out too so that's how I guessed what you were doing...

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.