Topic: some questions (Read 2927 times) previous topic - next topic

some questions

yello.

I have a question concerning noteworthy but since I am not
sure of the correct terminology I will just have to say it
as it is.
Let's I want to have a four quarter note and then have a
two quarter note start at the second beat of the four
quarter note. So, is it possible to do that and if so how.
By the way, what would be the correct term for that (broken
chord maybe).

Another thing. As was written in previous messages it really
is much easier to setup netscape to recieve the newsgroup
messages but how exactly do you setup agent?

thanks in advance,
Nir Wallenstein

Re: some questions

Reply #1
Answer 1:
Start with a quarter note rest (this is to precede your second, two-quarter [half note, or minim] note). Now enter your 4-quarter note (whole note, or semi-breve) as a chord (using Ctrl-Enter). You may need to change stem direction (I know this doesn't make much sense for either whole notes or rests, but trust me - I'm a musician :) You should now have a whole note stacked with a quarter rest.
Now enter your half note, and I think you have what you asked for.

Answer 2:
Create a new folder and copy your Agent.Ini file into it.
Now create a Shortcut that runs Agent, but uses this new folder as its working ("Start In") folder.
For more (or less) help, try Agent's On-line help, "How To" "How to Configure Agent for Multiple Users and Servers"

Andrew

Re: some questions

Reply #2
Comments on Answer 1: This can be a bit tricky. First set the "stem" direction of your quarter rest. You can either set the direction before you enter it, or select it and set its direction. The direction should be the same as you want your half note to be. Next, reverse the stem direction and Ctrl-Enter your whole note. Then reverse the stem direction again before entering your half note. The notes that share time with the whole note must have stems in the opposite direction (even if you can’t see the stem).