Skip to main content
Topic: Piano Solo Help (Read 2872 times) previous topic - next topic

Piano Solo Help

Hello,

I've had this interest lately for the composer Johanne Brahms and I really enjoy the hungarian dance arrangements (especially numbers 1 and 5.) I'm looking for a piano arrangement for Hungarian Dance No. 1 and I'm trying to find a full midi for two hands only, since all I can find are four hand or two piano arrangements. Anyone know where I can find a two-handed arrangement for Hungarian Dance number 1 (I looking at this site called "The Sound of Brahms(?)" and it has a two hand song, but it is only the first thirty measures. Does someone know where I can find that same arrangement, but with all of the song? Many thanks for all suggestions and replys :)

Re: Piano Solo Help

Reply #1
Hello Scott,

I don't know where you can find a score that would be sold with a MIDI file that can be imported into NoteWorthy, but for a standard two hand score I would suggest that you try the websites of some of the major publishers: G. Schirmer, Boosey Hawkes, Hal Leonard, etc.  Also, websites such as Sheet Music Plus have search engines that will help you locate almost anything.  The downside is that whatever you find you will either have to play and "record" into NoteWorthy, or input it manually.  Hope this helps you!

Pete P.

Reply #2
You can find the 2-hand score at sheetmusicarchive.net
You can download 2 selections per day.  Hope this helps.

Reply #3
The midi file for the two piano score is sciortino.net/music/jb.html

Reply #4
Correction,  2-hand.

Reply #5
Thank you all for your suggestions, I must really thank Charles. Even though it isn't a MIDI file, I can still manually input the music into the software (I've had to do that one time with Bach's Little Fugue in G Minor, the Concert Band arrangements of The Light Eternal, Music from Batman, and Dan River Festival. Typing in music from real scores is what I love to do using NC. It's so easy to do.):) I have one question that doesn't involve the MIDI file, but I understand that you can make the staff visuals into orchestral form, but how do you seperate those staffs up and make them into little groups? (example: flute, piccolo and oboe are connected together in one group, and the clarinets are in another, and bassoon is alone, etc.)

Reply #6
actually Charles,

the one reply u made about the two-hand song at sciortino.net/music/jb.html is actually the two piano version, but luckily, I've been thinkin' about turning that version into a concert band arrangement, but the original file i had for HDN1 was corrupted and it doesn't work anymore, and I couldn't remember where I downloaded and that was the web site. Thanks (I'll eventually bring in the midi on the forums for people to download and an mp3 file of a midi playing back with the soundfont files on my computer for a really cool, realistic sound) :)