Skip to main content
Topic: Tacit (Read 4123 times) previous topic - next topic

Tacit

Is there some "tacit" marking in dynamics?
I think it would be easy to implement and convenient. Sure,
I can ask NWC to *mute* an entire staff, but sometimes I want
the piece to be played but with leaving out the a couple of measures
in one part (for comparision, e.g.)

Also, I sure would like to be able to have a relatively
larger font for lyrics (relatively = without the notes
also getting larger).

Re: Tacit

Reply #1
I do not understand your question about a "tacit" marking, so perhaps you could elaborate.

As for larger lyric text, this is now fully supported, as of version 1.50. You now control the lyric text font typeface, style, and size. This is independent of the notation size. This is true for other text types as well. Goto Page Setup for full details.

Reply #2
For muting sections, try embedding a ppp (which you can modify to volume or velocity 0 if you want).

For fonts, version 1.5 gives font control in the Fonts tab of the Page Setup dialog.

Andrew

Reply #3
If for example you were writing a piece of big band music and wanted the trumpets to play of beat chords on the second repeating of a phrase this is what I would do.

Write out the score as normal with first and second time repeats with the text "tacet/tacit(sp?) 1st time)" Then mute that staff.
Then create another staff with eaxactly the same music on it but instead of the using repeats just put long bars rest were you want the tacet to go.
You then don't print this staff in the final version. This means that you have one staff for your computer to play and another to print out.

I think there was an example file with version 1.50 which showed how to use different staffs for different parts. (except that was showing how to do trills)

Robert Dane http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~sjdane/rjdane/home.html