Skip to main content
Topic: Is that possible to write numbers above the staff, (Read 2369 times) previous topic - next topic

Is that possible to write numbers above the staff,

Hi, I plan to use this NWC as a tool to help us practice our church choir in Indonesia. but the problem in Indonesia we usually read the note after converting the note to numbers like, 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, i we pronounce  it:  do, re, mi, pa, sol, la, ti, do. My question is can we write number above the staff and vertically in line with the note, so that when it highlights as it plays, each voice ( SATB) can follow when practicing. If possible 2 stacks above the staff, so that we can covert soprano and alto above the 1st staff and tenor, bass above the 2nd staff, but again should be exactly above the chords

Regards,

Frank

Re: Is that possible to write numbers above the staff,

Reply #1
You can do it, entry by entry, as text (Insert/Text) or you can do it using the lyric editor.  The lyric editor (Control-L) is the easier way, I think.  Make a new (second) staff and add the lyrics to that staff, anchored to muted notes that are set to Visibility/Never, and with the lyrics placed above the staff.

This way the actual lyrics the choir sings won't be affected by the numbered notes.

Simply use a new staff with lyrics for each voice you want to stack, and layer all of them.  You'll have to adjust the vertical height of each staff to find the most suitable position, but you can check it in Print Preview before printing.

Welcome to the Noteworthy world!!