Skip to main content
Topic: keyboard shotcuts (Read 2625 times) previous topic - next topic

keyboard shotcuts

Hi Dear fellows

Is there any keyboard shotcuts for:
1 - Opening notation properties box after selecting something in the staff?.
2 - Changing a note to a rest keeping its thytmic value?

Thanks to all,

Paulo Galvao

Re: keyboard shotcuts

Reply #1
Alt+Enter opens the properties box. See the Keyboard Guide in the Help file for all of the shortcuts.

There is no automated way to change notes to rests (other than audibly by setting the note's Muted property).

Reply #2
>>>Alt+Enter opens the properties box.

Thanks, Although that means I nee 2 free hands to performe it, I thought there could be a faster way to do it.

>>>There is no automated way to change notes to rests,

However that would say a lot of time.

Regards,

Paulo Galvao

Reply #3
Instead of ALT-Enter you can use CNTL-E. (That's what I use, partly because it's one-handed, and partly because I'm used to it from earlier versions of NWC.)

Reply #4
Yes, I use Ctrl-E too. In fact, I only discovered the Alt-Enter combination by accident the other day.

Oh, BTW, what about the ability to add your own keyboard shortcuts, please!

Robin

Reply #5
Seems to me that it would be very intuitive to change the selected notes to rests by pressing the {space} bar, just like you change the selected notes articulation. Duration of each rest would properly converted to duration of original note. Multi-voice parts with different duration between voices could be excluded from this functionality.

Perhaps a comprimise would be that you are required to select notes of the same duration, just as you are today if you want to change the note duration, but I like the 1st idea better.

NWC: Before I add to Wish List, does any of this seem feasible?