Skip to main content
Topic: Slurs and ties (Read 2221 times) previous topic - next topic

Slurs and ties

Basically I'm using Noteworthy to write music for male choruses and I use the SATB sample (modified for TTBB). Is there any way to set the default direction of slurs and ties before you input the music. When unlayered, the first tenor and baritone lines are stem up, and 2nd tenor and bass are stems down. So, when I'm working on first tenor or baritone, it would be nice if all slurs and ties are upward and for the 2nd tenor and bass the slurs and ties would be downward. This makes it easy for the singers to follow. Righ now it's a pain in the neck having to change the slur and tie positions manually. I appreciate the fact that it now possible to edit slurs and ties, There was some forethought put into the programming. Would you please put this on the wishlist for us that write choral music? Thanks!

Re: Slurs and ties

Reply #1
Select the whole staff contents, Right Click, Properties, Notes, Slur direction - Upwards or Downwards as appropriate.

HTH

Stephen

Re: Slurs and ties

Reply #2
briefly:
1. add this to the wish list
2. use the macro recorder (details on the NWC Scriptorium) to have a shortcut key for this.
For ex. you can record the following sequence :
<Shift+Right> <;> <Alt+Enter> <Alt+Home> <Alt+s> <U> <Enter> <Right>
and affect it to <Alt+;> for "Upward-Slur"-ing of the note at the right of the cursor.

HTH,
Dominique