Skip to main content
Topic: Trouble w. volume change after loop (Read 2342 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble w. volume change after loop

OK, I didn't have the chance to get help at the ng so I'm trying here:

I just finished polishing a song which uses 6 playback channels (tracks, staves). While the first three play firstly, the remaining three kepp silent (muted with vol. mpc's at the beginning. Then, after the loop (DS), the first three are muted and the second group's volume is turned on. But something happens and the song turns out a chaos after the loop.

Why does this happen and what can be done?

PS: No errors in mapping channels etc.

Re: Trouble w. volume change after loop

Reply #1
Well, not much to go on here.

>PS: No errors in mapping channels etc.

I'm not sure what the "etc." is here. I assume some sort of error is taking place, correct?

>song turns out a chaos after the loop.

I am not sure what you mean by chaos. One possibility (although not in a "no errors" situation) is that your silent staves have unresolved ties or pedal marks, and when you turn the sound volume up you first hear the chaos that was created by the earlier overlapping of all the stuck notes.

Reply #2
You can turn the volume on for all staves for the entire piece and then try to isolate the cause of your problem. In a true no errors situation, you have have a device or driver malfunction.

Reply #3
I read your news post.

Actually your problem happens right before the loop. You have an extra 8th note at the end of Staff-3 (the hidden one).