Skip to main content
Topic: Deleting Text & Creating New Unconnected Staves (Read 2325 times) previous topic - next topic

Deleting Text & Creating New Unconnected Staves

How do you delete or edit text after you already put it on the music? (without deleting notes of course). And also, how do you create a new staff line with out connecting them. For example, how would you put 2 pieces on 1 page? Sort of like a paragraph ending.

Re: Deleting Text & Creating New Unconnected Staves

Reply #1
To the left of the text will be a small diamond. This is a kind of 'handle' for the text so you should highlight this then press Cntl-E to edit the text expression.
As for the printing of two pieces on one page, as far as I know this is not possible within NWC. However it can be done by printing the first file as normal, measuring on the paper how far down it comes to, setting the upper margin (within print setup) to this figure, then printing the second file. This is a procedure I use regularly - its a bit fiddly but it works!

Reply #2
I tried ctrl+e and it didn't work.

Reply #3
How I edit text is (1) Highlight the gray (grey) diamond, right-click, choose "properties." The rest is self-explanatory. I do the right-click method because NWC usually provides context-sensitive pop-up menus.

As for the two unrelated staves: You can make placeable metafiles (File:Print Preview:Copy:placeable WMF) that can be independently inserted into a word processing document as scalable images. However, inserting a WMF may cause it to expand to fit available space, so there may be some inconsistency in the relative sizes, if you don't pay attention.