Skip to main content
Topic: Uneven reproduction (Read 2946 times) previous topic - next topic

Uneven reproduction

I upgraded to v1.7 recently, since when I have noticed that Noteworthy appears to "hesitate" periodically over some notes. It appears to be an intermitent problem, and I am not able to predict under what circumstances it happens.

Anyone had this problem?

Re: Uneven reproduction

Reply #1
Is there anything else going on at the same time using up CPU cycles? Are you using a software synth like WinGroove?

Reply #2
There is nothing in the 1.70 upgrade that would specifically trigger this. The basic mechanics of play back in version 1.70 are very similar to those in version 1.55, provided you are using Windows 95, 98 or ME.

However, web service pack 1 includes an enhancement in the play back area. You can now turn off the note chase that normallt occurs when playing back a song. This will certainly reduce the demands of play back on your system. This can be useful when you want to most accurate play back possible.

Reply #3
Did you change to a different play back device when upgrading to version 1.70? This might be causing your problem.

Reply #4
Sorry - forgot to mention that I have changed my sound card from an Soundblaster AWE32 to a Sound Blaster 'Live 1024'. This hasn't had any effect on other sound programs I use so i didn't suspect it may be behind the problem.

The processor I use is a Pentium 2 450 MHz with 256MD RAM.

Reply #5
Try selecting only the MIDI Mapper in Tools | Options | MIDI | Devices used by play back. Other than that, you could get service pack 1 and turn off the note chase.