Skip to main content
Topic: Text Chords (Read 3168 times) previous topic - next topic

Text Chords

I am trying to write piano and bass parts using
text i.e.C G7 F#6 and am experiencing problems.
In one case the print out is missing parts of the
piece which are clearly shown on the screen. In another
case the program wont let me add any more chords unless I pan out and in the end the part is so small I cant see it to to add any more to it
Any suggestions ?

Re: Text Chords

Reply #1
I am not exactly sure what you are describing, but I will try to guess what is wrong based on your information. You need to actually have notes in each bar if you want NWC to work as expected. If you are just placing text, you may be able to see this info in the editor, but printing will not work as expected. If you do not want to see the notes, you can always hide them.

Reply #2
Yes... Actually, if you had a whole rest to each meausre and hide it, you will get just the bars and the chord names. Also another way to do this would be to change the text expression properties of each of the chords and set it to "Preserve Width". Hope this helps.
- Joe

Reply #3
thanks for your reply. I am using preserved width but
how do you hide parts of the piece ?
I am trying to arrange for big band ie 5 saxes 8 brass
and rhythm does anyoneone have any charts or info I can play
about with
regards
Tom

Reply #4
Depends on what you want to hide. If you want to hide an entire staff, go to Page Setup --> Contents and unclick the ones you don't want to see.

If you want to hide individual items, select the item (highlight it) then press CNTL-E or ALT-Enter (or Edit --> Properties) and click on the visibility tab. You can select whether it's default (i.e. things that are normally visible like dynamics will be visible, things that are normally hidden like mpc's are hidden), always visible, never visible, or only visible if on the top staff (handy for things like flow directions).

Here's a file for you to play with. No saxes, but /lots/ of brass! :)

http://www.netidea.com/~fredn/nwc/iolafin.nwc