Skip to main content
Topic: Problem (Bug?) (Read 2397 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem (Bug?)

Hallo forum.

I have tried out the Noteworthy Composer program and the least I have to say is that it is an excellent tool for scripting and composing in MIDI sequence, particularly for the price it comes in. However I came across a problem, that could nevertheless be my own ignorance in the use of the application. In my attempt to use a different patch from the soundcard, that patch being on a different bank, I ticked the select a different bank option, and gave the appropriate numbers in the boxes, the left box being the bank, the right box being the patch. I cross checked the numbers to be sure that I had given the right values, and that I had done. But the patch, not the bank, the patch did not change no matter what value I gave it. This was resoluted by selecting one name from the list in the options above, where the GM samples names are shown.

I assume that to be a program problem, so I decided to present it here. I suppose the soundcard is not a problem, as I tried the same on an SBLive! and a YamahaXG, with the same results.

Gracie

Stefan

Re: Problem (Bug?)

Reply #1
Stefan - The two boxes are the Midi Controllers 0 and 32.
They are used in different ways by different soundcards to address the banks on the soundcard.
They are NOT bank and patch numbers.

If you have one of the SB family of cards (AWE32/64 etc.) you use only the Controller 0 box to address the bank no. leave the 32 box at zero.
Select your patch from the patch list above.

Reply #2
Thank you Mr. Graham. One more question if I may. Is there a way to see a synopsis of all the basic elements for each staff, like a table of inforation for example? what I mean is a set of columns, giving staff name, staff number, and the various default midi properties assigned to each staff via the staff properties option? I think it would be very helpful for the designation of panning &c.

Stefan

Reply #3
Not exactly what you want - but you can get a list of all staves with some of what you need.
Just type R or use the menu item TOOLS > Score Review.