Skip to main content
Topic: Arpegios (Read 2787 times) previous topic - next topic

Arpegios

Is it possible to create a four note (or more) Arpegio, where each note sounds to the end of the last note in the arpegio? And also to adjust the time of each notes starting point within the arpegio?
The effect is to recreate a guitar chord played fast and like an arpegio.

Re: Arpegios

Reply #1
The simple solution is to use grace notes that are tied to each note in the chord. You can't control the timing this way.

Reply #2
Why couldn't you just build the arpeggio through chords which are tied to the final chord. For example, on count one, enter one fast note (32nd or 64th), with a tie, then enter that same note, plus the next note of the arpeggio in a chord, etc... until you've built to the full chord.
G
D D
B B B
G tied to G tied to G tied to G

Another possibility might be to use "pedal down" and "pedal release" under the insert menu.

Reply #3
That's how I used to create strumming effects.. by using a tie on progressively bigger chords. its kind of a pain.. try using the recording feature instead (unless you don't have a keyboard)

Reply #4
Sorry that my first post came out wrong, the letters of the chords should have shown up as stacked G, then G-B, G-B-D, etc.... However, I tried the pedal feature and it gives the exact same effect. Just start with one note and keep adding/stacking the chord (using whatever rhythms you wish). Before the first note, enter pedal down, under insert menu (or keyboard shortcut U), then after the final chord, enter pedal release. This takes almost no time and is a snap to do.