Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI Multi-Point Controller (Read 2473 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI Multi-Point Controller

Hello. Love the program!

I've got a quick question. Is there anyway to use a different controller than the current list, ie tempo, pitch, volume, etc.?

I have the SBLive! card and I can have quite a bit of effects mapped through with my MIDI, chorus, reverb, distortion, flange, etc.

These effects are mapped into controller values usually in the mid-90's. I've tried to find a way of manually selecting the controller I need, but to no avail.

Does NoteWorthy work that way with the soundcard, or is that MP Controller dialog an internal feature seperate from it, ie, controlling volume, pitch and such without the soundcard?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: MIDI Multi-Point Controller

Reply #1
The multi-point controller does control the synth directly; e.g. controllers 7 and 10 for volume and pan. The pedal controller (64) is handled by the "insert pedal marking" command. Other controllers have not been implemented yet. The only way to insert them is to "massage" your midi files after export using an external sequencer or midi editor.

Reply #2
Seems everybody asks about this once a month or two... they really should integrate controller support, it would be extremely useful. As it is, to use controllers I have to export my NWC file as a MIDI, edit it. Of course, once its a midi, I can't import it back in, because I'd lose all my dynamics and controller settings. Maybe a good item to send to the wish list again.

Reply #3
Yeah. Sorry about that guys. After I wrote that, I noticed you could look at past threads, and I found tons pertaining to the subject.

- lf