Skip to main content
Topic: Symbols for Fermata, DalSegno, etc (Read 2663 times) previous topic - next topic

Symbols for Fermata, DalSegno, etc

How can I put these symbols on top of the staff for violin compositions? I've looked all over the interfaces and don't find anything that helps.
TIA

Re: Symbols for Fermata, DalSegno, etc

Reply #1
I'm not sure if I'm answering your exact question, but here goes. All of the D.S., D.C., coda symbols and etc..., are under flow direction. Those will automatically print above the staff at whatever point you insert them. Fermata is listed under tempo variance, along with several other terms and markings. The window for these items has a staff position setting. I generally use 10 or 12 and this fits nicely over most parts. I also like to shut of the preserve width setting. It would be nice if the flow direction window allowed the same flexibility in setting staff position and preserving width. Hopefully this helps.

Re: Symbols for Fermata, DalSegno, etc

Reply #2
NWC has the DS, DC, Code, etc stuff as special inserts, under Insert | Flow Direction.
The reason for this is that on playback, NWC actually implements the flow instructions, playing repeats, jumping to segno's, fines, codas etc.

A