Skip to main content
Topic: installation (Read 3039 times) previous topic - next topic

installation

After downloading & trying out version 1.51b, I ordered and received version 1.55b. Will I lose the compositions created in 1.51b by installing 1.55b over it? If so, is there a way to preserve them during the installation by moving them somewhere else?

Re: installation

Reply #1
I have installed newer versions of Noteworthy over previous versions and didn't lose a thing. If you're still worried about it though, it can't hurt to make a backup copy of all of your files (at least the ones you want to keep).

Good Luck,

Brian

Reply #2
You should be able to find help elsewhere at this site. Try going to the Upgrade section and look for a Help link.

KenJ

Reply #3
You can safely install 1.55 over the top of 1.51, although uninstalling it later may not work out as planned. It is better to uninstall the original before installing the new copy, or install the new copy into a new folder.

In any event, you should never store files that you create in the same folder as your applications/programs. Keep them in another folder, such as the "My Documents" folder created automatically by Windows 95/98. If you don't do this, you should start now. Once you do this, your backups will be easier (since all of your files are in one locations), and upgrading your programs will be worry free.

Reply #4
Great! Thanks for the support.

Reply #5
Judy,
I fear that you have all symptoms of a µ$ syndrom.
Installing a new version of NWC is safe, and you'll be able to read the files written with an older version correctly with the last version.
Even files written with the 1.10 version (in 1995!) are still usable.
And Eric is right : never place your own files into a sub-directory of an application. This may be very dangerous when installing *other* products of µ$ office, for instance Imagine this: you're installing a database software of a new office package, and you lose your older word-processing and slide-making software... Along with their sub-directories. Though this will NOT happen with NWC (installing NWPlayer will not uninstall your MIDI software for instance), some companies do such things.

Do not forget to have a safe copy of your own work files :-)

And enjoy the new NWC version!