NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Marianne van Harten on 2020-02-08 12:07 pm

Title: reinstalling NWC
Post by: Marianne van Harten on 2020-02-08 12:07 pm
In the past I bought NWC 2.0 and I got a CD ROM. In the years later I had to install NWC many times (due to crashes of my computer, a new hard disks, reinstalling Windows, etc.). In the first years I used the CD ROM, but the CD ROM now is damaged and can not be used anymore.
When I reinstalled the software, I installed 2.0, updated it to the next release and repeated the update process until I have the most recent version.

At this moment I do not have an option to install NWC from scratch. How can I become a new installer (2.0 or may be 2.75)?

Any help is very appreciated.

Best regards,
Guido
Title: Re: reinstalling NWC
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2020-02-08 02:06 pm
If you still have your authenticity ID from your original purchase, you can purchase an upgrade to 2.75 by going to this page (https://noteworthycomposer.com/order/buy/?formid=nwc2u). The cost is USD15.00, and you would get an electronic version that will install version 2.75 directly.  For an extra 10.00 you can have a backup CD shipped to you, although I don't know if there is an extra charge to ship overseas. However, I think CDs are going the way of the dinosaur these days, and I would just keep a backup copy of the original installer handy.

There may be other options if you contact support.
Post by: lawrroc on 2022-09-01 08:02 am
Good morning to you. I am about to change the computer and refer back to this thread to ask how I can reinstall NWC. I have the original CD of the first installation (2002) and the documents of the following updates. Over time I have made the payments that are mentioned by Mike. I have already written to the assistance, I hope they answer with clear information. NWC can't be missing from my PC!
Thanks for your attention.
Lorenzo
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2022-09-01 11:39 am
Check this location on your current C drive:
(for 32 bit Windows): C:\Program Files\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Setups
(or, for 64 bit Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Setups

You will find a setup program for your current installed copy of NWC.  Just copy it to a USB drive or similar and run it on the new machine.

Also, I have a feeling that these days Windows has a migration process you could use that might make this step un-necessary.
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2022-09-01 01:08 pm
Here is a slightly easier way to find the directory on your current computer. Find the icon for Noteworty Composer, right click on it and choose Properties. From that window, click on Open File Location. This will open File Explorer in the install folder. Inside this folder you will find a Setups folder with the installer program(s).  I believe that if you used multiple installer programs to upgrade to your current version, all of them will be found in this folder. You just need to run them in the correct order.
Post by: lawrroc on 2022-09-01 06:20 pm
You have been very kind. I have already found the folder with the various installation files. As Mike said, I'll run them one after the other in chronological order. I'll ask the vendor about the Windows migration that Lawrie is talking about.
Thanks again and good evening / night / morning.
Lorenzo

PS: I was advised not to install Windows 11 :(
Post by: Francis Beaumier on 2022-09-03 05:43 am
Windows 11 is not terrible. It's a bit like that friend that tries to be "helpful" by reorganizing the kitchen. Everything is still there, of course, but you have to wonder why they decided to put the plates there!
Post by: lawrroc on 2022-09-03 01:12 pm
... but you have to wonder why they decided to put the plates there!
:D  :D  :D
Post by: Raffaele Buscema on 2022-09-10 07:23 am
Buongiorno a tutti. Io ho un problema. Ho acquistato on line il Programma. Purtroppo il mio Pc è andato in crash. ho potuto salvare per fortuna tutti i file .nvc, ma non ho più il programa NWC2 .Ho scaricato la versione demo, ma non trovo la Email che mi dava il codice di attivazione. Sapreste dirmi che parola chiave potrei usare per cercare fra le mi email?
Post by: Flurmy on 2022-09-10 08:20 am
Scusa se la risposta suona banale ma io cercherei "NoteWorthy", no?
In alternativa, puoi cercare "Authenticity ID", però non vedo perché non dovrebbe funzionare la ricerca precedente.
A meno che tu non usi Outlook, la cui ricerca sembra fatta apposta per non trovare mai niente...  ;D
Post by: Raffaele Buscema on 2022-09-10 11:01 am
Scusa se la risposta suona banale ma io cercherei "NoteWorthy", no?
In alternativa, puoi cercare "Authenticity ID", però non vedo perché non dovrebbe funzionare la ricerca precedente.
A meno che tu non usi Outlook, la cui ricerca sembra fatta apposta per non trovare mai niente...  ;D

Ho provato in tutti i modi, ma proprio non trovo i codici seriali. Ho scritto una email al sito, spero possa aiutarmi.
Post by: Raffaele Buscema on 2022-09-10 02:49 pm
Check this location on your current C drive:
(for 32 bit Windows): C:\Program Files\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Setups
(or, for 64 bit Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Setups

You will find a setup program for your current installed copy of NWC.  Just copy it to a USB drive or similar and run it on the new machine.

Also, I have a feeling that these days Windows has a migration process you could use that might make this step un-necessary.

Grazie tante. Grazie alla tua risposta ho trovato il setup.